20-Minute Caprese Chicken
Chicken Breasts grilled with a simple balsamic sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese, fresh tomato slices and basil. This 20-Minute Caprese Chicken is perfect any night of the week and your family is sure to love it!Jump to Recipe
Fast meals like this are necessary when you’re in a season that’s extra busy. This Caprese chicken comes together so quickly; it’s the perfect meal to pull out when you don’t have much time. It’s healthy, and the chicken is juicy and tender with so much flavor.
What Is Caprese?
Traditional Caprese is a salad made of mozzarella, tomatoes, fresh basil, and olive oil. It has since become the star in countless recipes like pizza, burgers, pastas, wraps, and so much more. My very first experience with this mouthwatering combination was atop a toasted slice of fresh bread drizzled with balsamic vinegar. I could not get enough of it!
How To Prepare Chicken Caprese?
- Preheat a grill pan or outdoor grill to medium heat.
- Make a simple balsamic sauce and brush on chicken breasts.
- Grill on both sides until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Top with Mozzarella cheese, tomato slices, and fresh basil.
- Drizzle with my favorite balsamic glaze and enjoy!
As you can see this recipe is so easy, with just a few small steps dinner is on the table in under 30-minutes. Serve this chicken with my Lemony Orzo, Spicy Green Beans, Buttered Rice, or even as is; it’s plenty filling.
Please note that some of the links on my website are affiliate links. Meaning, I receive a commission if you decide to purchase through my links at no extra cost to you! The product links at the bottom and throughout my posts are products I’ve used and recommend.
- The Best Bruschetta
- Bruschetta Pasta Salad With Sweet Balsamic Dressing
- Turkey Burgers With Basil Mayo
- Mini Margharita Pesto Pizza
⭐Don’t Forget To Rate The Recipe When You Make It!⭐
20-Minute Caprese Chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze I use Nonna Pia's (link below)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, grated if you like it garlicky, use 2 cloves
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 chicken cutlets, or two large chicken breasts sliced in half horizontally to make the breast thinner
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese use fresh or pre-sliced part-skim
- 8 tomato slices, about 2 medium tomatoes
- Preheat indoor grill pan or outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl combine oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper. Brush this mixture on both sides of chicken.
- Use the additional oil to brush grill pan or rack. Place prepared chicken on hot grill and cook until it releases easily from the grill, about 4 minutes. Flip and top with mozzarella cheese and tomato slices. Add a little salt and pepper to the tomatoes if you like. Cook another 4 minutes or until thermometer reads 165°F.
- Use additional tablespoon of balsamic glaze and drizzle over chicken. Top with fresh basil and serve!