Asian Chicken Bowls with the Best Sesame Dressing
Jump to Recipe
The New year is approaching quickly and I think we could all use a fresh start, yeah? I am a fairly optimistic person and while 2020 was a difficult year, it wasn’t a total let down. For instance, we spent more time around the dinner table as a family than we ever have; this makes my mama heart happy. I cherish our conversations together and I’m hoping we don’t leave behind these valuable moments.
My daughter learned some new baking skills and even mastered a soft pretzel recipe. If my daughter could do anything in her day it would be baking. I am so thankful she enjoys cooking, baking, and creating in the kitchen.
Probably my most treasured time with family this past year was the ability to do church from home. Aside from getting to stay in my jammies and enjoy an extra cup of coffee, this time was necessary for our family and began our week with hopeful messages. What kinds of positive take-aways do you have from 2020?
Okay, moving on to the real reason you’re here. Let’s talk about this Asian Chicken bowl. Warm rice with chicken, veggies, and toasted almonds is the perfect bed for the BEST SESAME DRESSING you’ll ever have.
You guys, this dressing is seriously the bee’s knees. It came from my mama’s Chinese Chicken/Cabbage Salad recipe. It’s slightly tangy and sweet with a touch of sesame…so good! Super easy to put together–just throw everything in a jar and shake it up! I could put this stuff on just about anything!
Asian Chicken Bowl with the Best Sesame Dressing
- 2 chicken breast, roasted and shredded use a rotisserie chicken for an even faster method
- 3 cups multi colored cabbage mix w/ shredded carrots
- 1 cup kale, finely shredded Use more cabbage mix if you don't like kale
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced thinly into half moons
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced plus extra for topping
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice, prepare according to package directions Brown rice works as well
- 1/2 cup toasted, sliced almonds for topping you can buy these already toasted to save the extra step
- sesame seeds for topping
- 1/4 cup Organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 6 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar white distilled vinegar works as well
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
Prepare your bowl ingredients:
- Cook chicken, shred, and set aside. While chicken cooks, prepare rice. Prepare veggies and toss together in a medium size bowl.
Prepare Sesame dressing:
- Add all ingredients to a medium size mason jar with fitted lid. Shake until well combined. The dressing will be slightly thick. (mason jars are great for so many things, especially mixing up dressing)
Assemble the Bowls:
- Spoon some rice into a deep bowl. (deep bowls are perfect for a recipe like this) Top with shredded chicken, a handful of veggies, and sliced almonds. Add a generous amount of dressing to the top, a few green onions and sesame seeds.
4 thoughts on “Asian Chicken Bowls with the Best Sesame Dressing”
I’ll be making this very soon. And I love your leftover suggestion! Thank you 😊
You’re going to love it:)
Just made tonight! Everyone wanted seconds and now sharing the recipe with my Mom visiting from out of town!
I’m so glad you loved this! 😍