Asian lettuce wraps
Tender butter lettuce filled with seasoned ground turkey, veggies, and a simple Asian inspired sauce for a quick 30-minute meal.Jump to Recipe
Lettuce wraps have become quite popular over the last few years. There are so many different versions and I haven’t found one I didn’t love. This recipe is simple and so flavorful, my family devours them every single time.
We love to serve these in tender butter lettuce leaves but iceberg and romaine work well too. You can also swap out the ground turkey for beef or chicken. Either way, these are so, so good!
Asian Lettuce Wraps
Meat and veggies
- 1 pound lean ground turkey I use 93% lean, 7% fat
- 1 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 6 oz button mushrooms chopped super fine
- 1 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts drained, rinsed, and chopped fine.
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced in thin strips
- 3 green onions sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 head of butter lettuce, washed iceberg and romaine lettuce work as well
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tsp siracha
- toasted sesame seeds for sprinkling on top
Have all ingredients prepared and ready to go before you begin the cooking process. This cooks up quickly.
- In a large skillet heat the sesame oil over medium heat and add ground turkey. Cook and crumble in small pieces until no longer pink.
- Add carrots, mushrooms, chestnuts, bell pepper, garlic, and half of the green onion. Cook stirring often until veggies and mushrooms are tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and siracha until combined. Heat through about 2 minutes. Serve on prepared lettuce leaves and sprinkle with a few green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
Below you’ll find some of the products I used in this recipe. The link takes you directly to the products without having to spend time searching!
2 thoughts on “Asian lettuce wraps”
Loved this! Super flavorful and easy to make. Even my picky little eaters gobbled it up! Definitely saving to make again!
I’m so glad you loved it Morgan! It’s always a good night when our babies eat their food without a fuss.😉