Jump to Recipe
If you want dinner on the table super fast these burrito bowls are where it’s at! Easy to make, healthy, and packed with lots of fresh flavor. How can something so simple be so good?!
For starters, this literally takes less than 25 minutes to make and that includes the prep. Second, no-one ingredient stands out above the rest. You can taste all the fresh veggies, the perfectly seasoned meat, the creamy beans, cheese and sour cream. Even the little charred tortilla bits stand out in their own subtle way. It’s the best of everything!
There are no rules when it comes to building a burrito bowl. These are totally versatile so use what you love or have on hand.
Taco Seasoning (my go-to)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 15 oz can low sodium black beans no need to rinse or drain
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced small
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 avocado diced small
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 3 cups Romain lettuce, shredded
- 1 jalepeno sliced in thin rings
- 1 2.25 oz can sliced black olives
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat Mexican blend shredded cheese Kraft or Sargento brand
- 4-5 small flour tortillas toasted and cut in small 1-inch pieces I used 6 inch low-carb flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup water
- sour cream
- lime wedges
- Combine all the taco seasonings in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat can of beans in small sauce pan or microwave until hot and bubbly. Keep warm until ready to use.
- In small non-stick pan on medium high heat toast flour tortillas until golden on both sides. Stack and cut in strips, then in small 1-inch pieces. Place in bowl until ready to use.
- Heat large skillet to medium high and add olive oil and ground turkey. Cook ground turkey breaking into small crumbles until no longer pink and cooked through, about 6-7 minutes. Add taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water. Stir and cook another 3 minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add meat and beans to the bottom of a bowl and top with all your favorite burrito toppings.
Below you’ll find some of the products I used in this recipe. The link takes you directly to the products without having to spend time searching!