One-Skillet Chicken And Rice
This one-skillet meal packs incredible flavor. Tender fall-apart chicken thighs cooked with rice and veggies with a spicy seasoning blend, makes this my top 5 favorite meals. My family loves it and I know you will too!
One-Skillet Chicken and Rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken thighs 4 large chicken breast can be substituted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash tipple blend seasoning
Rice & Veggies
- 1 cup sweet or yellow onion, chopped fine
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 celery stalk, diced small
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 1 cup long grain white rice brown rice, basmati, and jasmine all work well
- 2 1/4 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Have all the ingredients ready before you begin cooking to make the process smooth and fast.
- In a small bowl combine all the seasonings for the chicken. Heat a large cast iron pan or oven safe skillet to medium high heat. Season chicken thighs with seasoning mixture on both sides. Add olive oil to hot pan and add chicken. Sear on both sides until golden, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove and set aside on plate.
- Add onions, jalapenos, bell pepper and celery to hot pan. Sauté for 2 minutes until just starting to soften. Add garlic, salt, pepper and cayenne. Sauté for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle rice over the veggies and toast for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add in chicken stock and stir to combine.
- Place chicken thighs back in pan with the juices from the plate and nestle the chicken into the rice. Cover with lid or foil and transfer to oven for 35 minutes. Remove the lid or foil and cook an additional 10-15 minutes or until rice has absorbed all the liquid. Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Below you’ll find some of the products (or recommendations) used for this recipe. The link takes you directly to the products without having to spend time searching!