Easy Breakfast Casserole
Easy Breakfast Casserole with eggs, ham, hash browns, cheese, and mild green chilis. Make ahead or same day. This is perfect if you’re hosting friends and family for the holidays, or simply make it just because!Jump to Recipe
Every year on Christmas morning my mom brings a breakfast casserole to go with the rest of our breakfast menu and we always look forward to it. This recipe is an inspiration of her creation!
She uses ham, green chilis, eggs and cheese, and we love the flavors. I decided to complete the casserole by adding in hash browns (my daughter loves potatoes) and traded some of the sharp cheddar cheese for creamy gruyere. It’s so good and my family goes nuts for it!
This is so easy to put together and it’s also a great casserole to assemble the night before. Just a few simple steps and you’re all set!
How To Assemble This Easy Breakfast Casserole:
- Add frozen country style hash browns to a large bowl. You can also use shredded, or hash browns with peppers and onions.
- Add cubed ham, or substitute for cooked bacon or sausage. Use a combination of all 3 for the ultimate meat lovers breakfast casserole. Or leave out the meat all together for a vegetarian option.
- Add any kind of shredded cheese you like – Sharp cheddar, Colby Jack, Pepper Jack, Gruyere, Parmesan; just about any good melting cheese will work!
- Combine ingredients and transfer to a baking dish.
- Combine eggs and milk in a small mixing bowl.
- Then add in the green chilis, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture evenly over the hash browns, meat and cheese.
- Bake immediately or cover and place in refrigerator up to 1 day in advance.
This Easy Breakfast Casserole is always a hit. Serve with buttered toast and a cup of coffee or OJ.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
⭐Make Sure To Rate The Recipe When You Make It!⭐
Easy Breakfast Casserole
Hash brown ingredients
- 3 cups country style frozen hash browns substitute shredded or hash browns with peppers and onions
- 1 cup diced ham substitute cooked bacon or sausage
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- non-stick cooking spray
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk I used 1%
- 1 4oz can mild green chilis, drained optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley optional
Preheat oven to 350°F unless making ahead
- Prepare a 8×8 inch or 2 Qt baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine hash brown ingredients and spread evenly in prepared baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl add eggs and milk and whisk until smooth. Stir in green chilis, salt/pepper, and parsley.
- Pour egg mixture over hash brown ingredients. Give the pan a little shake to make sure the egg mixture is even spread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or bake immediately.
- When ready to bake, place in preheated 350°F oven for 1 hour uncovered until center is set and edges are golden. If center isn't done and it's getting too brown, cover with foil for the remaining time,
- Let set for 10 minutes, slice and serve!
Please note that some of the links on my website are affiliate links. Meaning, I receive a commission if you decide to purchase through my links at no extra cost to you! The product links at the bottom of my posts are products I’ve used and/or recommend.