Easy Frittata made with eggs, onions, carrots, thinly sliced potatoes, fresh herbs and cheese, comes together in no time. Simple fresh flavors and easily customizable!Jump to Recipe
What Is A Frittata?
A frittata is basically an egg-based Italian dish similar to an omelet or crustless quiche. Typically made with veggies, meats and cheeses and it all cooks together in one big pan or dish. It’s versatile and also a great dish to add to any brunch menu.
I love how simple this frittata is. Just a few ingredients you probably have on hand and you have a quick and delicious meal that can be enjoyed anytime of the day. Thinly sliced carrots add a touch of sweetness, and the golden fried onions and potatoes give this so much flavor. Serve with buttered toast, a lightly dressed green salad, or cook up crispy bacon for a complete meal!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 7 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk I use at least 1%
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 medium size potato, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Heat a 10-inch cast iron or non-stick skillet to medium high. Add olive oil, butter, onion, carrots and potatoes. Toss to coat and sprinkle with seasoned salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Sauté until lightly browned and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs and milk in medium bowl until light and fluffy. Add in salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, parsley and cheese. Combine well.
- Spread potato mixture evenly on the bottom of the pan and pour egg mixture over the top. Give it a little shake so the eggs settle. Immediately pop in oven and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the top is set. Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese and fresh parsley if desired.
- Breakfast sausage (about 1 cup)
- Pork or turkey bacon (6 slices)
- Cubed Ham (about 1 cup)
Below you’ll find some of the products (or recommendations) I used in this recipe. The link takes you directly to the products without having to spend time searching!