Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
Skillet Chicken Pot Pie is a wholesome healthy meal packed with veggies and chicken. It’s creamy and perfect over your favorite biscuits for a fast weeknight meal.Jump to Recipe
Chicken pot pie is one of my family’s favorite meals. I’ve made different versions over the years but they always request this skillet version with a side of biscuits. It’s comforting and easy to pull together when you don’t have much time.
The great thing about this Skillet Chicken Pot Pie is you can use whatever veggies you like or have on hand. I like to swap out 1 regular potato for a sweet potato to boost the nutrition, plus it adds great texture. Mushrooms are also great in this dish. It adds body and a bit of an earthy flavor. It’s super versatile!
I’ve also provided Gluten and dairy free options in the recipe notes.
I hope you enjoy this comfort dish as much as we do!
Other Skillet Meals You Might Enjoy:
- Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Skillet Chicken Spaghetti with Spinach
- One Skillet Chicken and Rice
⭐Make Sure To Rate The Recipe When You Make It!⭐
Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded about 3 cups – rotisserie chicken is great for this recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped fine
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and diced small replace 1 regular potato for a small sweet potato
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour can substitute gluten free flour
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock I use better than bullion base roasted chicken for best flavor
- 11/2 cup low fat milk (I used 1%) can substitute unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 tsp fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp of dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup flat leaf, Italian parsley or use 2 tsp dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cooked biscuits such as Bisquick, Grands, or Homemade
- 1/4 cup light sour cream or 1% Greek yogurt
Note: This comes together quickly so have all your ingredients ready.
- Bake your biscuits according to the recipe while you prepare your Chicken Pot Pie.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with olive oil. Add onions and cook until soft. Add carrots, celery and potatoes. Season with a little salt and pepper and cook for 7-10 minutes until the carrots and potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle flour over the veggies and toss to coat. cook for 1 minute to cook out raw flour taste.
- Slowly add the chicken stock stirring as you incorporate. Add milk, thyme, dried mustard, and Worcestershire. Stir until the mixture becomes thick and returns to a simmer. You may need to turn the heat down a bit so the bottom doesn't burn.
- Add the peas, shredded chicken and parsley. Stir to combine. Cook just until the peas and chicken are warmed through. Pull off the heat and add 1/4 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt. Mixture should be thick and creamy.
- Adjust seasonings and serve over warm biscuits.
- Use other veggies like mushrooms, zucchini, corn, and spinach.