Mediterranean Pasta Bowls
Jump to Recipe
Greek inspired pasta bowls with fresh veggies, creamy feta and a delicious pepperoncini vinaigrette. Everyone will love building these flavor packed bowls.
My bestie created a pasta salad a few years back with ingredients she had on hand and it turned out so delicious, I request it every time we have a girls get-together. It’s a perfect salad on a hot summer day but I love it anytime during the year.
We are loving all the bowl recipes we’ve been making in our kitchen lately, so I thought I’d take my besties pasta salad recipe and turn it into a build-your-own-bowl version. This way my family can add whatever Mediterranean goodies they want and everyone is happy!
One thing that makes my BFF’s pasta salad so good is the store-bought pepperoncini dressing she mixes in. It’s so flavorful and unique. Thanks to Yes to Yolks I decided to make a homemade pepperoncini vinaigrette and it turned out amazing! I made a couple of small changes but none-the-less, it’s incredibly delicious!
Mediterranean Pasta Bowls
- 1/2 lb mini penne pasta, cooked, drained and rinsed use whatever small shape pasta you love
- 1 cup turkey pepperoni cut in quarters any kind of peperoni or dried salami works
- 1 cup cucumbers, halved lengthwise, and cut in half moon slices
- 1 cup zucchini, halved lengthwise, and cut in half moon slices, about 2 small zucchini's
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, chopped in small pieces
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2-3/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 cup marinated feta cheese, crumbled I use President brand marinated feta cubes pepper medley
- 1/2 cup pickled, sliced pepperoncini peppers, chopped fine
- 2 tbsp pickling liquid
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, smashed (you'll remove just before serving
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the vinaigrette
- Add all vinaigrette ingredients to a medium size mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. Let set while you prep the veggies and pasta.
Assemble pasta bowls
- Set out all the ingredients so everyone can build their bowls. Add a generous scoop of pasta to a deep bowl and drizzle on a little of the vinaigrette. (Don't forget to remove the garlic) Add toppings of your choice and drizzle a bit more pepperoncini vinaigrette.
Below you’ll find some of the products I used in this recipe. The link takes you directly to the products without having to spend time searching!