Mini Italian Egg Bites
A quick and easy breakfast that practically takes no time to throw together. Mini Italian Egg Bites with eggs, ham, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, and simple Italian seasoning. Topped with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley for a protein packed healthy breakfast! FREEZER FRIENDLY TOO!Jump to Recipe
I am always searching for easy and healthy breakfast ideas to make our mornings run a little smoother, and these Mini Italian Egg Bites totally fit the bill. Healthy. Easy. Delicious.
When my good friend Jaime shared her Mini Egg Bite recipe with me, I knew I’d love them instantly, so I came up with a version my family loves and we can’t get enough of!
The great thing about Egg Bites is they’re super versatile, so you can customize them however you like. We love ham, but you could also use bacon, or breakfast sausage, or keep it vegetarian by leaving out the meat all together! Use your favorite cheese, seasonings, and fresh herbs always add a nice touch.
For this recipe, I use Perfect Pinch of Italian for a unique earthy flavor; along with freshly grated parmesan cheese, and Italian parsley.
These Mini Italian Egg Bites are light and fluffy thanks to the cottage cheese, which also makes them super moist and tender. Plus, cottage cheese adds a good amount of protein making each bite worth 5 grams total! And if you’re not big on cottage cheese, I promise you wont even know it’s in there.
I like to make a double batch and freeze the extra to have on hand when I need something quick and filling. Just reheat in the microwave and you have a super fast protein filled breakfast.
Mini Egg Bites are also a great addition to any brunch. They are an easy no-mess finger food that can be served at room temperature. Everyone will love them!
A few of these Egg Bites with a side of toast and cup of coffee or tea, is a complete and satisfying meal!
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
⭐Make sure to rate the recipe when you make it!⭐
Easy Italian Egg Bites
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese do not use non-fat
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or your favorite cheese blend
- 1/2 cup diced, cooked ham or use cooked breakfast sausage or bacon
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- freshly grated parmesan for topping optional
- chopped Italian parsley for topping optional
- non-stick cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350°F and spray mini muffin pan generously with non-stick cooking spray, unless using silicone.
- In a medium size mixing bowl add eggs, cottage cheese, ham (or meat of choice) shredded cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Whisk until completly combined and eggs are broken up.
- Using a small cooking scoop or spoon, fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 of the way full. There should be enough for 16 minis. NOTE: If using regular size muffin pan, you should get between 10-12 egg bites.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-32 minutes. The tops should feel set and spring back when done. Top with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
|Serving size: 4 mini egg bites|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12.2g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 5.7g||29%|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.3g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|
|Total Sugars 0.7g|
Please note that some of the links on my website are affiliate links. Meaning, I receive a commission if you decide to purchase through my links at no extra cost to you! The product links at the bottom of my posts are products I’ve used and/or recommend.