One-Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff (with noodles)
A quick and easy 30-minute meal that all happens in ONE pan! Ground Beef Stroganoff is full of fresh mushrooms and noodles in a rich and creamy (no condensed soup) ground beef sauce. A healthy and hearty dish the whole family will love.Jump to Recipe
Ground Beef Stroganoff was a meal my mom made often when I was growing up. It was an easy dish she could throw together quickly that we all loved and enjoyed. She usually served it with a side of green beans and a big salad. Yum!
Most Beef Stroganoff recipes use one pan to cook the meat sauce and another to cook the noodles. My version only requires one single pan making this fast and easy to clean up.
This One-Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff uses wholesome, healthy ingredients; lean ground beef, onions, spices, lots of fresh mushrooms, beef stock, Worcestershire, and egg noodles. I finish with light sour cream (because what’s Beef Stroganoff without sour cream) and a touch of parsley cause it’s pretty. I could totally skip the plate and eat this meal straight from the pan, it’s so good!
The great thing about cooking the meat sauce and noodles together in one pan is the starch from the noodles naturally thicken the sauce. Combined with the sour cream, there’s no need to use flour, condensed soup, or heavy cream. The texture is smooth and velvety.
Other One-Pot Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- One-Skillet Chicken and Rice
- Street Taco Skillet
- The Best Homemade Sloppy Joes
- Baked Ranch Chicken and Potatoes
⭐Make sure to rate the recipe when you make it!⭐
One-Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff with Noodles
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion chopped fine
- 2 1/2 cups sliced button or cremini mushrooms see notes for substitute ideas
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cups beef stock I use better than bouillon roasted beef base
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 3 1/2 cups extra wide egg noodles
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- fresh or dried parsley for garnish
- In a large deep skillet melt butter over medium heat and add ground beef. Crumble and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Do not drain the excess fat or liquid.
- Add onion and cook 2-3 minutes until softened and translucent.
- Stir in mushrooms, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook mushrooms until golden brown and soft about 4-5 minutes.
- Add beef stock, water and Worcestershire. Increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Add egg noodles and cook stirring occasionally for 9-10 minutes or until noodles are done and the sauce has thickened. There will still be some loose liquid in the pan.
- Remove from the heat and stir in sour cream. The sauce will continue to thicken as it sets. Garnish with fresh or dried parsley and serve.
|Amount per serving
|% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 22.7g
|Saturated Fat 11.4g
|Total Carbohydrate 45g
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g
|Total Sugars 3.7g
|Vitamin D 159mcg
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.
|Recipe analyzed by
Please note that some of the links on my website are affiliate links. Meaning, I receive a commission if you decide to purchase through my links at no extra cost to you! The product links at the bottom of my posts are products I’ve used and/or recommend.