Roasted Potatoes And Peas
Roasted Potatoes and Peas are simply seasoned with garlic powder, salt and pepper, and a touch of parmesan cheese. Perfect to accompany just about any meal and the whole family will love it.Jump to Recipe
My family loves roasted potatoes as a side dish and I love making them. They are easy and always good, and you can customize the seasonings however you like.
These roasted potatoes are tender on the inside and golden crisp on the outside. And the peas add another layer of texture with a touch of sweetness. I finish this off with salty parmesan cheese and under the broiler for just a minute or two. The little bits that get extra toasty are my favorite part!
Roasted Potatoes and Peas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pounds medium red potatoes, unpeeled, rinsed well and patted dry
- 1 cup thawed petite sweet peas, patted dry
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped fine
Heat oven to 450°F
- Prepare a large rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Scatter potatoes on sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle on garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss to coat, leaving a little room in between potatoes so they crisp up.
- Roast potatoes for 10 minutes, flip and roast another 10-15 minutes. You want crispy outsides and soft fluffy insides.
- Turn oven to broil setting high and move oven rack about 3 inches from the top. Scatter the thawed peas over the top of the potatoes. The peas will fall in between them, that's ok. Sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and broil for just a minute or two until the cheese is golden in spots. If you broil too long the peas will shrivel and loose their tender bite.
- Toss the potatoes and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Add more salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately.
- Johnny’s seasoned salt
- Onion powder and garlic salt
- Dried herbs such as Italian seasoning, rosemary, and thyme.
- Mrs. Dash extra spicy
Below you’ll find some of the products (or recommendations) used in this recipe. The link takes you directly to the products without having to spend time searching!