Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
This Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas is my top 5 easiest meals to make and takes only 25 minutes from start to finish. So much flavor on one single pan!Jump to Recipe
Chicken fajitas is one of our favs and this sheet pan meal makes it super easy to eat it more often. I throw all the peppers, onions, chicken and spices in a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and give it a good toss. The mixture is placed on a hot sheet pan and in the oven for 15 minutes. That’s it!
Key Tips On Getting This Meal On The Table Fast:
- Preheat the oven to 450℉ and place large sheet pan drizzled with olive oil in the oven. You want this to be super hot when you scatter your chicken and peppers on the pan. This ensures some browning on the meat and veggies.
- Make sure the chicken is sliced super thin so it cooks evenly with the peppers. If the chicken is too thick, the peppers will overcook and become mushy before the chicken is done.
- Take advantage of the broiler setting on your oven. This will help create those charred bits around the edges we all love to have on fajitas.
- Use the 15 minute time frame your sheet pan meal is cooking to prep the fajita toppings like, cheese, sour cream and fresh avocado.
- Place tortillas in the oven wrapped in foil during the last 10 minutes of the cooking time.
This meal is so easy and fast I almost feel a little guilty I didn’t spend more time preparing a long drawn out meal for my family. Almost. 😉
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 4 thin chicken breasts, sliced in super thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 orange pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 small red onion, cut in half then sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- fresh chopped cilantro
- lime wedges
- 8-inch low-carb tortillas or use your favorite fajita tortillas
- Preheat oven to 450℉
- Combine all of the spices, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil on large sheet pan and place in preheated oven while you prepare your chicken and veggies.
- Add chicken, peppers and onions to a large mixing bowl, sprinkle on the spices and 2 tablespoons of oil and mix until well coated.
- Remove hot pan from the oven and spread out chicken and peppers evenly on sheet pan. Place the pan back in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Wrap tortillas tightly in foil and place in the oven after the first 5 minutes of the cooking time.
- While the meat and veggies cook, prepare your fajita toppings.
- After the 10 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and give it a good toss. Set the oven rack a few inches from the top and turn the oven on the high broiler setting. Place sheet pan back in the oven on the top rack and broil for 4-5 minutes or until the tops are slightly charred in spots. NOTE: Make sure the tortillas are not on the top rack with the sheet pan.
- Remove from the oven and scatter with fresh cilantro, the chopped tomato, and throw on some lime wedges. Serve immediately with warm tortillas and toppings.
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Fresh cilantro
- Shredded lettuce
A few of my favorite kitchen essentials used for this recipe.