Skillet Beef and Cheese Lasagna
This 30-minute Skillet Beef and Cheese Lasagna is a fast and easy way to enjoy lasagna flavors without all the fuss. It’s simple, with easy steps, and everything made in one-pan! Serve with a tossed green salad and garlic bread for a complete meal.Jump to Recipe
What you’ll Love About Skillet Beef and Cheese Lasagna:
- An easy 30-minute meal that all happens in one-skillet.
- A deliciously cheesy and beefy lasagna meal.
- The perfect supper to add to you weekly meal plan.
This meal is basically my lazy way of making lasagna when I’m craving those flavors but I don’t want to fuss with all the steps. Trust me when I say, this is every bit as delicious as a pan of cheesy meat lasagna, only you’ll spend way less time making it and more time enjoying dinner with your family.
I posted my moms no-bake lasagna a few years back and it’s one of my go-to lasagna style meals. Super yummy and easy, especially if all you have is a microwave. This Skillet Beef and Cheese Lasagna, although easy like my moms no-bake method, is a slightly elevated version that truly feels like a pan of saucy, cheesy lasagna.
- Olive oil or other mild cooking oil like avocado oil or vegetable oil
- Lean ground beef or use ground turkey, or pork or turkey sausage
- Yellow onion
- Fresh garlic or garlic powder
- Italian seasoning, oregano, or herbs de Provence
- Salt and pepper
- Favorite pasta sauce homemade or jarred
- Extra wide egg noodles
- Parmesan cheese
- Low-fat cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh parsley (optional)
Add Veggies For A Complete Meal:
For an easy meal complete with veggies, this is a great recipe to add in other vegetables like mushrooms, spinach, peppers, and carrots. Simply sauté your veggie of choice with the garlic and seasonings.
How to make Skillet Beef and Cheese Lasagna:
Step 1. Cook ground beef and onion with olive oil in a large skillet (with fitted lid) until beef is no longer pink. Make sure to remove any excess grease.
Step 2. To the cooked ground beef add garlic and seasonings. Cook a minute or so then add pasta sauce and water. Bring to a medium simmer.
Step 3. Once the sauce is simmering stir in egg noodles. Bring back up to a simmer and place the lid on. Cook until noodles are al dente.
Step 4. When noodles are tender stir in parmesan cheese, cottage cheese and part of the parsley. Smooth out in a single layer and sprinkle the top with parmesan cheese. Place the lid on and turn the heat down to low. Allow the cheese to melt and noodles to finish cooking. Garnish with more parsley and let stand 5-minutes before serving.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Rate The Recipe⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I appreciate your comments and reviews! Be sure to leave a comment or rating below for suggestions, questions, or if you make the recipe. I’d love to know how it turned out for you!
Skillet Beef and Cheese Lasagna
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 (25) ounce jar favorite pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups extra wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Heat a large skillet with fitted lid to medium heat. Add olive oil, beef and onions. Cook beef breaking into crumbles until no longer pink. Remove any excess grease.
- Add garlic and seasonings and cook until garlic is fragrant, about 1-minute. Add pasta sauce and water and bring to a medium simmer. Stir in egg noodles and bring back to a simmer. Place the lid on and cook about 7-minutes stirring once or twice in between. You want the noodles to be just under al dente and the sauce thickened. Note: Add more water if sauce is too thick and noodles need more time to cook.
- Turn the heat down to low and stir in parmesan cheese, cottage cheese and parsley. Top with mozzarella cheese and place the lid on to melt the cheese and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Allow to stand 5-minutes before serving.
|Amount per serving
|% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 12.4g
|Saturated Fat 4.5g
|Total Carbohydrate 54g
|Dietary Fiber 4g
|Total Sugars 8.2g
|Vitamin D 0mcg
Note: Some of the links on my website are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra charge to you.
Sheet Pan Breakfast Quesadillas filled with fluffy eggs, green chiles, lots of cheese, and crispy tater tots. A hearty and delicious way to enjoy breakfast any time of the day. Why You’ll Love Sheet Pan Breakfast Quesadillas: We love making quesadillas because it’s an easy…