Skillet Pork Chops And Veggies
A quick 30-minute skillet meal that’s so easy, and so flavorful. This is a great dish if you’re trying to watch the carbs, or looking for something a little lighter.Jump to Recipe
When I say this is one of my favorite kinds of meals to eat I mean it with all honesty! Pan seared meals are quick to make and have big flavor. I love anything with a good caramelized crust and these pork chops and veggies fit the bill.
This is not a fussy-huge-ingredient list recipe; pork chops, veggies, a few seasonings and a little olive oil and butter. In under 30-minutes you have a delicious one-skillet dinner! I love meals like this with WOW flavor and hardly any effort.
Boneless pork chops are seared deep golden brown until cooked through, then in goes the mushrooms and asparagus. The flavor from all the pork bits along with the juices from the mushrooms creates this salty caramelized goodness. We are completely content to eat this meal as is but a fluffy baked potato is perfect with the chops and veggies.
What Gives These Pork Chops So Much Flavor?
Aside from the fact that all the ingredients work together in one pan, a good seasoned cast iron skillet can make a big difference. If you’ve never worked with this type of pan you should definitely give it a chance.
Cast iron skillets work well for recipes like this because the pan stays super hot once heated. This creates an even crust on anything you’re trying to brown up.
Are Cast Iron Skillets Hard To Care For?
Not at all! I was kind of intimidated at first because I didn’t want to ruin my skillet but the good news is, you can restore a cast iron skillet. For easy step by step instructions on how to clean and care for your pan visit here.
Cast Iron Skillet Pork Chops and Veggies
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 1-inch boneless pork chops can use bone-in chops
- 8 oz button mushrooms sliced thin
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, ends trimmed and cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Mrs. Dash original seasoning blend
- garlic powder
- Prepare pork chops by sprinkling both sides with salt, pepper, Mrs. dash original seasoning and garlic powder. I just eyeballed the seasonings being careful not to over-salt the pork.
- Heat a 10-inch cast iron skillet to medium high heat. Add olive oil and pork chops. Put lid on or foil if you don't have a large enough lid. Let sear on one side covered for 5-6 minutes until deep golden brown. Flip and cook an additional 5-6 minutes with lid on. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165° using a meat thermometer.
- Once pork is cooked transfer to a plate and cover with foil to rest while you cook the veggies.
- Add the butter to the hot skillet and toss in veggies. Sprinkle with a little more of each seasoning and sauté until tender and mushrooms are golden and most of the moisture is evaporated from the pan, about 5-7 minutes. Serve along side the pork.
A few of my favorite kitchen essentials used for this recipe.