Spicy Baked Chicken Strips
Jump to Recipe
Chicken strips have been a family favorite for years. These baked tenders are perfectly crispy with a hint of heat. Preparation is a breeze and they bake up quickly. Great for busy weeknights, or impress your guests and serve as a fun appetizer for any occasion. The best part is, this recipe has no oil or butter. Yup, you heard me right! You can enjoy these guilt free!
I’ve tried many different breading options for the ultimate baked crispy strip but nothing comes closer than panko bread crumbs. The reason this Japanese-style bread crumb results in a crispy outcome is panko crumbs are made from white bread without the crust. It absorbs less grease and stays crispier longer. I use panko in many similar recipes including this one.
We love to serve these with spicy ranch, smokin’ fry sauce and even plain is delicious. I know your family and friends will love them.
Spicy Baked Chicken Strips
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs I use kikkoman- this brand also has a gluten free option
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound chicken tenders, about 12 tenders
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 3/4 tsp dried parsley
- ground black pepper
- non-stick cooking spray
Pre-heat oven to 425°F
- Prepare a "13×18" sheet pan by covering with foil (for easy clean-up) and lay a wire cooling rack on top. Your chicken tenders will set on top of the wire rack.
- In two separate shallow wide bowls ( I used pie dishes) whisk eggs in one bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. In the second bowl combine the panko crumbs, dried spices and herbs, and 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp ground black pepper.
- Dip chicken tenders in egg mixture on both sides, letting excess drip off. Then coat both sides in bread crumb mixture. Lay the chicken strip on the prepared sheet pan and finish coating the rest. You should be able to fit 12 chicken tenders without touching. Spray the chicken strips with cooking spray, gently flip and coat the other side.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes or until crispy and cooked through. If you like them extra crispy, set the broiler on high after they are finished cooking, and place sheet pan a few inches from the top. It should only take 2-3 minutes.. Make sure to keep an eye on them as they can burn easily. Let them set for 5 minutes on the pan before moving them to a serving dish. Serve with your favorite chicky strip dip!
Below you’ll find some of the products I used in this recipe. The link takes you directly to the products without having to spend time searching!
2 thoughts on “Spicy Baked Chicken Strips”
How easy is this??? For sure on my meal plan! Thankyou Ang!
You bet! I hope you enjoy🤩