Spicy Pork Chops With Mango-Lime Salsa
Bone-in pork chops seasoned with warm spices, choose grilled or pan seared, and topped with a fresh mango-lime salsa. The flavors are bold and fresh and it’s the perfect meal when you don’t have much time.Jump to Recipe
My bestie passed down this recipe to me years ago. It’s one of those dishes you kind of forget how easy and flavorful it is. The pork chops have a simple rub of cumin, coriander, and chipotle chile, then into a hot skillet for a quick sear. Grilling is also a nice option especially during the warmer months and adds additional smokiness and flavor.
Also, the mango-lime salsa couldn’t be any easier– fresh mango, tomatoes, onions, jalapenos and cilantro; it’s slightly sweet and spicy and compliments the pork perfectly.
With that said, this meal is moderately spicy. Both the pork chops and the mango salsa carry a bit of heat. Although, if you’re sensitive to spicy foods, I’ve provided some alternatives in the recipe notes so you can still enjoy this flavorful dish.
This recipe calls for bone-in pork chops because it yields the best flavor, and they are often times more tender. The extra fat around the bone releases flavor and moisture into the meat making them more juicy and tender. However, you can use any cut of chop you like and it will still be delicious.
While this dish is very easy and perfect for a quick last minute meal, it’s also super impressive and notable enough to serve to your guests. The presentation is beautiful and so is the flavor!
Serve these chops with buttered rice, mexican couscous, or even a simple green salad will do.
⭐Don’t Forget To Rate The Recipe When You Try It!⭐
Spicy Pork Chops with Mango-Lime Salsa
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced small
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeds removed, and diced small
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 green onion, whites and green parts sliced thin
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice, about 1/2 large orange
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded, with white flesh removed, and finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 bone-in pork chops 1/4-1/2-inch thick I used 1/4-inch thick chops because they cook faster
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp dried chipotle chile pepper or use smoked paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- olive oil
- Add the mango-lime salsa ingredients to a medium size bowl. Gently toss and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Combine the cumin, coriander, chipotle chile, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels removing any excess moisture. Rub seasonings on both sides evenly along with a drizzle of olive oil, about 1 tsp per-side.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat and place 1 tablespoon of butter in hot pan. Add pork chops and sear 5-6 minutes per side if using 1/4-inch thick pork chops. Chops are done when they've reached 145°F. SEE NOTES BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL COOKING TIMES!
- Heat indoor or outdoor grill to medium high heat. Brush grates with olive oil and place pork chops on hot grill. Use the same cooking times as the skillet method give or take a couple minutes. Use meat thermometer to check temperature for doneness.
Serving pork chops
- When pork is finished cooking place on a plate and tent with foil for 5 minutes. Serve pork with a generous topping of the mango-lime salsa.
- Bone-in 1/4-inch thick chops- 5-6 minutes per-side.
- Bone-in 1/2-3/4-inch thick chops- 10-12 minutes per-side.
- Boneless 1/4-inch thick chops- 3-5 minutes per-side.
- Boneless 1/2-1-inch thick chops- 8-12 minutes per-side.
A few of my favorite kitchen essentials and recommendations for this recipe.