The Best No-Bake Lazy Lasagna
Egg noodles are coated with pesto and sour cream, then layered with a rich tomato basil meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. All this goodness gets popped in the microwave until bubbly. A perfect busy weeknight meal your family will flip for! Serve with a green salad and you’re all set!Jump to Recipe
Years ago my mom gave my brothers and I a handmade cookbook for Christmas containing several recipes she made while we were growing up. It was so thoughtful and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve used it since.
Lazy Lasagna happens to be one of the many delicious recipes she shared. I’m so glad she did because I always love a big pan of creamy pasta with meat sauce and cheese.
What Makes Lazy Lasagna So Lazy?
- Egg noodles cook much quicker and easier than lasagna noodles.
- Only two layers to assemble with just a few ingredients.
- Start to finish, this recipe can be on the table in 30 minutes or less.
- This is a no-bake lasagna which means you’ll save roughly 20-25 minutes of cooking time.
The original recipe is very good but I couldn’t leave well enough alone. I made a few changes that turned this yummy dish into THE BEST LAZY LASAGNA EVER!
The Best No-Bake Lazy Lasagna
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 pound lean Italian turkey sausage I use Jennie-o
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, chopped fine
- 12 ounces extra wide egg noodles
- 2 tbsp homemade or store-bought basil pesto
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 cups low-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 24 ounce jar tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Prepare noodles and meat sauce
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add a good pinch of salt and add noodles. Give it a good stir and cook just until Al dente, about 6-7 minutes. You want a bit of firmness to the noodles so they hold together when you add the pesto and sour cream. Otherwise it will be mushy.
- While noodles cook, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, onion, ground turkey and Italian sausage. Break meat up into crumbles and cook until no longer pink, about 8-10 minutes. Add the jar of pasta sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Taste to make sure you don't need salt and pepper. I didn't need to add any.
- Once pasta is finished cooking, drain but do not rinse. Add pesto, sour cream, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Fold gently until combined and creamy.
- In a 9×13-inch baking dish lay down 1/2 the noodles, 1/2 the meat sauce, spreading evenly on top of the noodles, and 1 cup of cheese. Repeat with remaining noodles, meat sauce, and cheese. Microwave covered or uncovered for 5-7 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Roasted garlic and herbs
- Mushrooms and ripe olives
- Vodka pasta sauce
- Marinara sauce
- Full-fat Greek yogurt (1 cup)
- Reduced-fat cream cheese (4 oz)
- Cottage cheese (1 cup)
Below you’ll find some of the products I used in this recipe. The link takes you directly to the products without having to spend time searching!
2 thoughts on “The Best No-Bake Lazy Lasagna”
Made this recipe last night for my nephew and his girlfriend. It was so delicious! Comforting and homey! She had asked for lasagna and he had asked for pasta so it was the perfect combination. I only made a few changes to make it a little more fancy. I used half of a cup of chopped onion and sautéed it in EVOO with salt and pepper until tender then I added a good sprinkling of red pepper flakes, and two minced garlic cloves and continued to cook it for another minute or so. Then ID glazed with a good amount of Merlot, the good stuff when that was almost evaporated I added the meat and followed the recipe from then on. I then added a half of a cup of shredded Parmesan with the mozzarella and that was it. I served it with garlic bread and a side salad and of course the rest of the Merlot❤️ Just a perfect meal!
That sounds wonderful, Megs! The fun part about recipes is making it your own. Loved the additions you added. Thank you for the review!