The Best No-Bake Lazy Lasagna
Egg noodles are coated with pesto and sour cream, then layered with a rich tomato basil meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. All this goodness gets popped in the microwave until bubbly. A perfect busy weeknight meal your family will flip for! Serve with a green salad and you’re all set!Jump to Recipe
Years ago my mom gave my brothers and I a handmade cookbook for Christmas containing several recipes she made while we were growing up. It was so thoughtful and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve used it since.
Lazy Lasagna happens to be one of the many delicious recipes she shared. I’m so glad she did because I always love a big pan of creamy pasta with meat sauce and cheese.
What Makes Lazy Lasagna So Lazy?
- Egg noodles cook much quicker and easier than lasagna noodles.
- Only two layers to assemble with just a few ingredients.
- Start to finish, this recipe can be on the table in 30 minutes or less.
- This is a no-bake lasagna which means you’ll save roughly 20-25 minutes of cooking time.
The original recipe is very good but I couldn’t leave well enough alone. I made a few changes that turned this yummy dish into THE BEST LAZY LASAGNA EVER!
The Best No-Bake Lazy Lasagna
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 pound lean Italian turkey sausage I use Jennie-o
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, chopped fine
- 12 ounces extra wide egg noodles
- 2 tbsp homemade or store-bought basil pesto
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 cups low-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 24 ounce jar tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Prepare noodles and meat sauce
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add a good pinch of salt and add noodles. Give it a good stir and cook just until Al dente, about 6-7 minutes. You want a bit of firmness to the noodles so they hold together when you add the pesto and sour cream. Otherwise it will be mushy.
- While noodles cook, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, onion, ground turkey and Italian sausage. Break meat up into crumbles and cook until no longer pink, about 8-10 minutes. Add the jar of pasta sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Taste to make sure you don't need salt and pepper. I didn't need to add any.
- Once pasta is finished cooking, drain but do not rinse. Add pesto, sour cream, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Fold gently until combined and creamy.
- In a 9×13-inch baking dish lay down 1/2 the noodles, 1/2 the meat sauce, spreading evenly on top of the noodles, and 1 cup of cheese. Repeat with remaining noodles, meat sauce, and cheese. Microwave covered or uncovered for 5-7 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Roasted garlic and herbs
- Mushrooms and ripe olives
- Vodka pasta sauce
- Marinara sauce
- Full-fat Greek yogurt (1 cup)
- Reduced-fat cream cheese (4 oz)
- Cottage cheese (1 cup)
Below you’ll find some of the products I used in this recipe. The link takes you directly to the products without having to spend time searching!