Turkey Burgers With Basil Mayo
These turkey burgers with basil mayo are out-of-this-world delicious. Turkey patties grilled or pan fried with tomato, red onion, a drizzle of balsamic glaze, and a generous slather of basil mayo. So juicy and unapologetically messy.Jump to Recipe
If there is one meal I can guaranteed my family to the table in a flash, it’s burger night. We love all kinds of burgers, from beef, chicken, turkey and even vegetarian. Burgers are versatile, easy to make, and delicious.
These Turkey Burgers with Basil Mayo are always a hit. The flavor is unique but not too out there so even your kiddos can enjoy them. And if you want to impress your family or your guests with a bomb burger, this delivers every time! They are juicy and messy and so flavorful, you’ll be licking every delicious morsel off your fingers.
Herbs & Mayo
Mayonnaise on it’s own can be kind of just, meh. Adding fresh herbs really enhances and elevates the flavor making dips and sandwiches a little extra special. Making a batch of herby mayo is easy and requires just a few ingredients you probably have on hand and this basil mayo couldn’t be any easier; just 4 ingredients using quality mayo, fresh basil, white vinegar, and black pepper.
Make-Ahead Basil Mayo:
If you have the extra time, it’s worth making the basil mayo a few hours in advance. The longer the herbs have to sit in the mayo, the better. And don’t be stingy on the herbs; you need a good amount if you really want to taste that herby goodness.
You’ve probably noticed by now that this turkey burger doesn’t have a layer of cheese melted over the top. Cheese is my life, my love language actually, but I can say with all honesty that this burger doesn’t need the cheese. There, I said it! The basil mayo is so rich and flavorful, and the turkey burger is extra juicy from the tomato and balsamic glaze, the cheese is kind of non-existent. Plus, it adds extra calories I don’t feel is worth it with an already amazing burger. By all means though, if you want cheese, there is no judgment here! 😍
⭐Make Sure To Rate The Recipe When You Try It!⭐
Turkey Burgers with Basil Mayo
- 1/2 cup quality mayo I use best foods brand-my mom would hang me by my ears if I used anything else;)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped fine
- 1 tsp white vinegar any kind of white vinegar will do
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 large hamburger buns, toasted or untoasted
- fresh spinach
- sliced tomatoes
- thinly sliced red onion
- balsamic glaze I love Nonna Pia's- link at bottom of post
- Combine all the basil mayo ingredients in a small bowl, Refrigerate until ready to use, The longer it sits the better.
- Add ground turkey and seasonings to a medium bowl and combine. I use clean hands to mix in the seasonings. Form meat into 4 large patties, about a 1/4 inch thick, and transfer to a large plate. Place in freezer for 5-10 minutes. This will make it easier to transfer to the grill or frying pan.
- Heat a large skillet, indoor grill pan, or outdoor grill to medium high heat. Add a little olive oil to skillet or brush grill pan or grates with oil.
- Cook turkey patties 10-12 minutes per-side or until internal temp reaches 165°F. Turkey patties over-cook easily making them dry so keep an eye on the temperature.
- Add as little or as much basil mayo to both sides of the buns.
- Lay down spinach on the bottom bun and place turkey pattie on top.
- Top with 2 tomato slices (depending on how big the slices are) sliced red onion, and a drizzle of Nonna Pia's balsamic glaze. I tend to go a little heavy with this stuff cause it's amazing!
- Top it with the other bun half and dive in!