Barbeque Chicken Pizza Salad with Creamy BBQ Ranch dressing
Jump to Recipe
Barbeque chicken pizza topped with fresh greens and creamy BBQ ranch dressing is one of the best combinations. You will be completely shocked as I was when I first discovered salad on pizza. It’s so good!
Pizza in this household is a staple meal. I add to our weekly menu at least once every other week, if not every week. It’s fast, easy, and always a hit.
For several years I’ve been getting together with some awesome moms for an annual weekend getaway. It’s the most relaxing weekend all year. We watch movies, read books, take walks, do yoga, drink wine, dance, and eat fabulous food. IT IS HEAVEN! A few years back my best friend made a Caesar Salad Pizza that was to die for! It was the first time I had ever had crunchy lettuce on a pizza. I was hooked!
I love my greens and could eat a salad daily, but my family, not so much. Often times I put together a salad to go along with our dinner and it hardly gets touched. Can anyone relate? My family loves Barbeque chicken pizza and I love salad, so I decided to combine the two. I top the pizza with simple spring greens and drizzle a generous amount of the most delicious Barbeque Ranch Dressing. The tender lettuce with the crispy warm pizza crust and creamy dressing, oh my heavens-gracious!
If you’re not a fan of mixing your food groups, dress the greens in this amazing BBQ ranch dressing and serve it along side the pizza for a winner meal.
BBQ Chicken Pizza Salad with BBQ Ranch Dressing
- 1 pizza crust I use the regular boboli crust brand. Gluten free crust can be substituted.
- 1/4 cup favorite BBQ sauce Use more sauce if you like it saucy.
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese Use extra cheese if you like it cheesier.
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken Use a store bought roasted chicken to make this meal even quicker.
- 1/2 cup canned or fresh pineapple chunks
- Red onion (sliced thin) Optional
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
Greens and Ranch BBQ Sauce (you can find the original recipe here)
- 3-4 cups organic spring greens You can swap these out for your favorite greens, but I find these to be the perfect texture.
- 1/2 cup mayo Greek yogurt can be used in place of the mayo.
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar Any kind of white vinegar will work
- 2 tbsp regular almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp dried parsley I used fresh parsley I had on hand.
- 1/2 tbsp dried chives I used fresh chives I had on hand.
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black cracked pepper
- 4 tbsp BBQ sauce We love Stubs and Sweet Baby Rays
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Start by adding as much or as little BBQ sauce to your pizza crust. •Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. •Add shredded chicken (drizzle a little extra BBQ sauce over chicken)•Add sliced red onion•Add pineapple chunks •Season with oregano •Sprinkle on the rest of the mozzarella cheese
- Transfer onto a round pizza pan I love this one Bake for 10-12 minutes or until desired crispiness.
- Meanwhile, add all the sauce ingredients to a small bowl and mix well. You may need to thin it out with additional almond milk if it's too thick.
- When pizza is cooked, transfer to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes. Top with greens and drizzle as much of that delicious creamy dressing as you like. The more the better! Yum!