Easy White Chicken Enchiladas
Easy White Chicken Enchiladas is a fast meal that is always a hit at the dinner table. I use rotisserie chicken for easy prep and a flavorful creamy white sauce with just 3 simple ingredients. Your family will request this time and time again!Jump to Recipe
What You’ll Love About Easy White Chicken Enchiladas:
- Short cut ingredients like store bought rotisserie chicken, taco seasoning, and condensed soup. This will cut your preparation time down by half.
- It’s creamy and flavorful with only a few simple ingredients.
- A family favorite that even picky eaters will enjoy.
- Perfect for busy weeknights and on the table in under 45 minutes.
I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to post a simple chicken enchilada recipe. You know I love me some Mexican inspired recipes. Easy White Chicken Enchiladas has been on my rotation of easy dinner recipes for a long time.
Before I got married my best friend threw me a wedding shower and had everyone bring their favorite recipe to share with me. I had so many wonderful choices to try out on my new-man-to-be and these easy white chicken enchiladas was one I actually made on our honeymoon! It was a total hit and I’ve been making it ever since.
This recipe is very similar in flavor to my Creamy Green Chili Enchilada Skillet. It’s super sauce and creamy, simple to make, and so filling and delicious.
- Cream cheese
- Taco seasoning (homemade or a store packet)
- Milk or water
- Flour, corn, or low carb tortillas
- Shredded cooked chicken (perfect recipe for a rotisserie chicken)
- Cream of chicken soup
- Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onion
Cheese– As you can see the ingredients are super simple you may even have them on hand right now! You can obviously use your favorite cheeses like Monterey Jack, Colby Jack, and Pepper Jack would give it a nice spice, or use a Mexican blend from the grocery store.
Condensed Soup– This recipe is super easy and convenient and canned cream of chicken soup is just that. However on days when I’m feeling extra motivated to spend a little extra time cooking, I do like to make cream of chicken soup from scratch. It truly is delicious. You can find one of my favorite recipes here. But if I’m being honest, and I bet some of you feel the same way, convivence on occasion is just nice. And these enchiladas with all the convenient store bought ingredients is still fantastically delicious!
Tortillas– I’ve made this enchilada recipe with flour, corn, and low-carb tortillas. They all come out perfect in their own way. Flour tortillas will have a softer texture, while the corn has a little bite to it. Either way, you can’t go wrong.
This is my favorite part about really anything Mexican is the fresh toppings. Here are just a few ideas that add something a little extra special.
- Fresh avocado
- Chopped tomatoes
- Hot sauce
Step By Step How To Make Easy White Chicken Enchiladas:
Step 1. Preheat oven to 350℉ and spray a 2 quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Step 2. In a medium size bowl combine cream cheese, taco seasoning, and milk or water. Stir until creamy. Add chicken and stir to combine. The mixture will be thick
Step 3. Spread 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture down the middle of tortilla leaving half inch at both ends of the tortilla. Roll tightly and place seam side down in prepared baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas and chicken. You should end up with about 9-10 enchiladas.
Step 4. In the same bowl you used for the chicken combine cream of chicken soup, tomatoes and green chilies, sour cream and milk. Pour mixture over the top of the rolled tortillas making sure to get around the edges and in between each tortilla roll. Sprinkle the top with additional taco seasoning and add a layer of cheese.
Step 5. Cover baking dish tightly with foil and bake for 15-minutes in the oven. Remove the foil and bake another 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Top with fresh green onion slices and serve!
What To Serve With Chicken Enchiladas:
Enchiladas can be prepped a few days in advance. Assemble the meat mixture and tortillas and cover tightly with foil and place in the refrigerator. Make the sauce in a separate container with a tight fitted lid and also store in the refrigerator. When ready to bake, pour the sauce over the rolled tortillas, followed by taco seasoning, and cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 25-minutes in preheated oven. Remove foil and bake another 10-15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Beef Enchiladas with Smoky Red Sauce
Rate The Recipe⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I appreciate your comments and reviews! Be sure to leave a comment or rating below for suggestions, questions, or if you make the recipe. I’d love to know how it turned out for you!
Easy White Chicken Enchiladas
For the enchiladas:
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp milk or water
- 3 cups shredded, cooked chicken use a rotisserie from the grocery store for easy prep
- 9-10 7-inch flour or corn tortillas
For the white sauce:
- 1 (10) ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10) ounce can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp milk or water
- 1 tbsp tacos seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions sliced thin
- fresh avocado
- diced tomatoes
- hot sauce
Preheat oven to 350℉ and spray a 2 quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl combine cream cheese, 1 tablespoon taco seasoning, 1 tablespoon milk or water, and shredded chicken. The mixture will be thick. Spread 2-3 tablespoons of chicken mixture down the center of tortilla leaving 1/2 inch at the ends of tortilla. Roll tightly then place seam side down in prepared baking dish.
- Using the same bowl from the chicken mixture, combine cream of chicken soup, tomatoes and green chilies, sour cream, and 1 tablespoon milk or water until smooth. Pour sauce over enchiladas making sure to get around the edges and in between tortillas rolls. Sprinkle the top with 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning then shredded cheese. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, then remove the foil and bake another 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Scatter the top with fresh green onion slices and serve with your favorite toppings.
|Amount per serving
|% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 35.2g
|Saturated Fat 16.7g
|Total Carbohydrate 44.1g
|Dietary Fiber 20.2g
|Total Sugars 2.4g
|Vitamin D 4mcg
Note: Some of the links on my website are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra charge to you.