Spanish Rice and beans with Cilantro Lime Dressing- A One Pot Meal
Jump to Recipe
You’ll find out soon enough that we love making anything Spanish or Mexican in our home. Not only do we love the flavors of these foods, but it’s easy food to make. This Spanish rice recipe is just that. Perfectly cooked jasmine rice seasoned with all the right spices, topped with briny olives, and drizzled with the most delicious cilantro lime dressing. The best part about this meal is it’s easy, and only requires one pot! It also makes quite a bit for our family of 3, so I appreciate the leftovers.
Let’s eat! 🤍
Spanish Rice and Beans with Cilantro Lime dressing- A One Pot Meal
Warm spices with tender fluffy rice and salty green olives are a perfect cozy night meal. This vegetarian dish comes together quickly and you only need one single pot!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika if using smoked paprika use 1 tsp
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 2 cups jasmine rice any kind of long grain rice (brown rice works as well
- 1 (14.5oz) can fire roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (14.5oz) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed black beans are a good substitute
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sliced green Spanish olives I like lots of olives so add to your liking
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 4 tbsp finely chopped cilantro if you don't like cilantro use flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp lime zest plus juice of whole lime
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat oil in a large skillet that has a fitted lid over medium heat. Add onion and cook just until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and spices, including salt and pepper. Cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in the rice and cook 2 minutes, toasting it up a bit. Stir in tomatoes, beans, and vegetable broth. Bring rice mixture to a boil and give it a good stir. Turn heat down to low, and simmer with lid on for 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, make the Cilantro Lime Dressing by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- When Rice is ready, add olives to the top, fluff the rice, and drizzle the Cilantro Lime dressing over the top.
This Spanish rice is just as delicious the next day. Here are some ways I like to use the leftovers. Reheated and topped with fresh Avocado slices and a dollop of sour cream. Scatter the rice and bean mixture over tortilla chips and a sprinkle of cheese for easy nachos. Wrap up some of the rice in a warm tortilla with all your favorite burrito goodies for a quick lunch. Leftover Spanish rice is great to add to your Mexican soups for a boast of flavor and heartiness.
1 thought on “Spanish Rice and beans with Cilantro Lime Dressing- A One Pot Meal”