Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
This hot wing flavor Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe is a crowd pleaser and perfect for a fun party of any kind. It’s creamy and spicy and loaded with chicken and cheese. Grab a bag of tortilla chips and celery sticks and dig in!Jump to Recipe
My mom hosted an annual Halloween party for a few years when the kids were younger and one of the best parts about our gathering was all the great food. Every year was a little different but one dish I looked forward to was my sister-in-law Stephanie’s buffalo chicken dip. I don’t even like buffalo wings but something about the creamy, chicken and cheese combo scooped up on a crispy tortilla chip was heaven!
What Is Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Buffalo chicken dip is a fun twist on classic buffalo flavored party wings. This dip features chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, ranch, Franks hot sauce, and more cheese. A sinfully and irresistible party snack.
Ingredients For Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- Cooked shredded chicken
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Ranch seasoning mix (homemade or store bought)
- Franks hot sauce
- Green onion
- Shredded Colby Jack cheese
What kind Of Chicken Do I Use For Buffalo Chicken Dip?
I like to use shredded boneless skinless chicken breasts because it’s tender and blends in nicely with the other ingredients. Chicken thighs are a great option if you prefer dark meat and even canned chicken will work in a pinch.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip Less Spicy:
To make buffalo dip less spicy reduce the hot sauce down by half. You can also add more sour cream as this will tone the heat.
Step by Step How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip:
Step 1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
Step 2. In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, and ranch seasoning mix until smooth and creamy.
Step 3. To the cream cheese mixture add chicken, hot sauce, green onion and cheese. Stir to combine well.
Step 4. Transfer chicken dip to a casserole dish and smooth out in an even layer. Top with more cheese and bake until hot and bubbly.
What Do I Serve With Buffalo Chicken Dip?
- Tortilla chips
- Frito scoops
- Pretzel crisps
- Celery and carrot sticks
- Mini peppers
How long does buffalo dip stay fresh?
Buffalo chicken dip will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
Can I freeze Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Buffalo chicken dip can be frozen up to 3 months but just be aware that cream cheese and sour cream do not freeze well. Once thawed and baked it might not look as appetizing but it will still have great flavor.
Make ahead for easy party day prep:
I love to make dips in advance before I throw a party. Buffalo chicken dip can be made up to two days in advance before baking in the oven.
Other Dips You Might Enjoy:
Rate The Recipe⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I appreciate your comments and reviews! Be sure to leave a comment or rating below for suggestions, questions, or if you make the recipe. I’d love to know how it turned out for you!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken use chicken breast, thighs, or canned chicken
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp ranch seasoning mix, store bought or homemade
- 1 cup Franks buffalo hot sauce, original for less spicy only use 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup green onion slices, divided
- 2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- tortilla chips
- celery sticks
- Preheat oven to 350℉ and spray a 2 qt baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, and ranch seasoning mix until smooth.
- Add shredded chicken, hot sauce, 1/4 cup green onions, and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Stir to combine well.
- Transfer chicken mixture to prepared baking dish and smooth out in an even layer. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. If you prefer the top a little brown, place under the broiler for 1-minute.
- Top with remaining green onion and serve with your favorite chips, veggies, or crackers.
Note: Some of the links on my website are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra charge to you.
This rich and mildly spiced Slow Cooker Mexican Hot Chocolate made with chocolate chips, half and half, sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, and chili powder. Every sip is silky smooth, it’s like a big hug from heaven! Why You’ll Love Slow Cooker Mexican Hot Chocolate: When…
Cocktail Sweet and Sour Meatballs is a classic party food for all occasions. Made with simple homemade turkey meatballs and a 3-ingredient sweet and sour sauce. An easy appetizer everyone enjoys! What You’ll Love About Cocktail Sweet and Sour Meatballs: These Cocktail Sweet and Sour…
A deliciously sweet, salty, and sticky appetizer everyone will absolutely love and devour. Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts is the perfect one bite hors d’oeuvre. Crisp water chestnuts wrapped with bacon and smothered in a sweet chili sauce. So easy and so good! What You’ll Love…